Picking The Right Bank/Banker
There are many financial institutions to choose from. Selecting the right one for your business can seem daunting. While it is tempting to base your decision solely on the interest rate you receive, interest rate alone could land you in a bank that offers little else. Therefore, it is important to use other criteria based on your needs, objectives and preferences.
Other possible considerations you could use include looking for a bank that -
- is financially sound with the strength to build its relationship with you, to hold your deposits and lend to you.
- makes decisions in the context of medium and long term strategic goals, versus short term profits.
- has the vision to help you seize opportunities.
- understands your business and has experience working with your industry, your size and track record.
- offers the consistency of an experienced team of bankers with in-depth knowledge and experience finding solutions to a business' financial needs.
- has flexible lending practices and participates in special loan programs for the benefit of customers.
- provides a full range of financial products and services for your convenience.
After selecting the right bank, choose the right banker from this organization.
Look for a banker who -
- is experienced.
- will take the time to listen to your goals, your vision, your concerns.
- understands your business.
- is responsive, credible and has integrity.