Networking remains and important key to small business success. Five networking ideas are:
- Choose your networking groups/events very selectively. Find the right tradeshows, conferences and membership associations that put you in touch with potential customers and others who could help you get to those customers.
- Second you should focus on quality not quantity. You want to make a real connection with people. Don't look at how many business cards you can pass out.
- Third, make a meaningful impression. You really on have one person impression. Ask them about themselves before you talk about you and then listen.
- Fourth, you want to develop a compelling way to introduce what you do. Have a brief description that says what you do and for whom.
- Finally, don't drop the ball. The day after your meeting send a hand written not and express an interest in keeping in touch.